Analytics

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back Again!

Hello, hello dear blogger friends!
Sorry for the neglect, but I've been away. (and Michael claims he doesn't know how to work this thing!)
I was at Lark Camp for a week! It was really cool. It was held in the Woodlands Camp in the Mendicino Mountains.
It's a world music, dance, and singing camp that gives daily classes in almost anything you want to learn about.
There were hundreds of classes to take!
I took Balkan Dancing, Middle Eastern Drumming, Swing Singing, Maritime Pirate Song, Greek Dancing, Turkish Gypsy Dancing,
Civil War Song, Irish Ballad Singing, and one day of Cajun Porch Song - but I'm terrible at French, so I chose a different class.
The camp was split into three, each with a different world theme. I traveled between the camps on my mountain bike to attend my classes. They provided a shuttle service, but when you see the beautiful road I had the priviledge of riding, you'll understand why I rode. I did about 8 miles each day.
The meals were astonishing! Gourmet! So it's a good thing I was riding my bike so much!!!
Each night there were different dances. The dance hall was glowing and the musicians were fabulous.
Here's a few pics from the week.
And remember to click on the pic if you want to enlarge it.



This is the cabin where I stayed.




This the lovely little trail I took to the bathroom. :)




There's where my car lived for a week. And there's my faithful two-wheeled friend!




This is the road I rode between camps.




The Dance Hall.




The Dining Hall and Info Center




This is a dark pic of my Turkish Gypsy Dance Class





This is the Dance Hall on Balkan Night.




This is Scandinavian Dance Night.

2 comments:

Babs said...

Looks like fun!

Time is winding down to when I go back to work...

sigh.

Ione said...

Glad to see all the great pics. Everytime I try to upload pictures it takes forever. I must be doing something wrong, or I'm just on during peak usage. Aargh!

The activities at the Lark Camp sound really great. Was it a wonderful experiencel, or just "so-so?" Would you do it again?

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your adventures!