Analytics

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Whew!

Well, I have been horribly sick for more than 3 weeks!
When I went to the doctor, he tested me for N1H1, Mono, Strep ... anything he could test.
And it all came up negative.
So, that meant that I had a viral thing.
Crap.
I had to wait it out. And that turned out to be nearly 4 weeks!
I still have a bit of inflamed sensitivity in my lungs, but everything else has gone away.
No more headaches, painfully sore throat, coughing, sinusitis, dry throat, etc. Yay!
The additional bummer is that I couldn't do our crossfit workout the entire time I was sick, neither could Michael, who was fighting off the chance to get what I had.
And yesterday was the first time we went back to the gym.
Man! It's like the first time we ever worked out!
It sucks because we had made so much progress.
Now it feels like we are beginners with asthma!
And today we are SORE!!!
But the fun news is that we took about 5 days off to travel to Arizona for a wedding.
JJ and Nicole are dog-training friends of Michael's who met at one of his seminars, so they asked him to officiate their ceremony.
So we got Michael ordained on the internet (now we are both ordained ministers at the Universal Life Church) and headed to the Blue River Wilderness in SW Arizona to camp out
and marry them while standing in a river.
It was beautiful.
We spent two days there and three days driving home. We went to the Grand Canyon (where we honeymooned 20 years ago!), over the Hoover Dam, up through Death Valley, hiked around a swollen Mono Lake, and over Sonora Pass (since Tioga Pass was still closed). It was awesome!!!!
Now we are home again and we are back to our house hunting.

No comments: